I so wish that I could show you the entire video, but given that it's an hour long, I don't think that's an option! However, I managed to get someone to take some photos during the dress rehearsal, and I will give you a little synopsis of the play. Our pastor wrote it himself, based on a verse in Galatians that mentions that Paul went to visit Peter for 15 days. Paul wasn't there for the events surrounding the crucifixion, and you can imagine that during that visit with Peter, Paul wanted to hear the stories surrounding those days. So the play was written like a conversation between Peter and Paul, with flashbacks to the events surrounding the crucifixion. We used a lot of familiar songs, as well as a couple of new ones.
Here's the condensed version of the scenes and songs:
Opening Song--"His Life for Mine"
Meeting the Woman at the Well
Song--"There is a River"
The Garden of Gethsemane
Song--"For What Earthly Reason"
The Story of Barrabas (Soliliquy)
Song--"The One I'm Dying For" (I sang in a trio on this song.)
The Crucifixion
The Resurrection
Song--"Then Came the Morning"
The Ascension
Song--"Because He Lives" (chorus)
I really can't put into words just how powerful this play has been, not because of anything WE have done, but because of what God did through it. We all had such a good time preparing for and performing it, and we all received such a blessing from it! Then, on Easter Sunday, six people accepted Jesus as their savior! God is doing some mighty things in our church, and we praise Him for it!








3 comments:
I love Mary Did You Know! Wish I could've hear you sing it. What a wonderful ministry this is!
looks like an awesome play! so glad you guys were able to do it!
We used to do the Living Christmas Tree at Southside, and I was in charge of all the drama. I loved it so much. Somehow, God always steps in and finishes the work we start...then He brings it to fruition. Mary Did You Know is one of my all time favorites!
Post a Comment