Monday, May 23, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a very nice Mother's Day weekend. On Saturday night, Tracy's dad's side of the family to take Grandma out to eat. Then on Sunday, Tracy grilled and my mom and his parents came to eat with us. I'm really over the whole going out to eat on Mother's Day thing. It's just soooo crowded everywhere. I'd prefer to just stay home and go out to celebrate the weekend before or after!

I did receive a very nice Mother's Day gift this year. The Sunday prior to Mother's Day, Tracy was teasing me, saying he was going to buy me a vaccum cleaner. I informed him that I already had a couple of things in mind, and he'd better not come home with a vaccum cleaner! He said, "Well what if I'd already thought of something else?" He eventually told me that he had thought about getting me a Nook. I was tickled, because that is something that while I've kind of wanted one, is something I'd never buy for myself. I didn't get the color version, because I figured I'm not going to use it for the tablet PC features. I have a smart phone, so why do I need another "computer" to carry around? Anyway, so far I'm loving it! My favorite aspects are the fact that I can get a brand new release for what it would cost me in paperback, without having to wait a year! I also love that I can browse at home, anytime the urge to read strikes me, rather than having to wait until I have time to go to the bookstore.

Here are a few photos from dinner on Saturday night. There was more to Mother's Day weekend, but that deserves a post all its own. Be back with that one soon....


IMG_0254

IMG_0256

IMG_0266

2 comments:

kristen said...

Ohhhhh....I want a Nook! or a Kindle! I know you will enjoy it!

trimadsco said...

love that pic of Grandma Baxley with the boys!