Sunday, November 29, 2009

Two Years Ago Today...

...this precious angel was born.




We celebrated yesterday with a small family party. Our theme was the Mod Monkey. I didn't think I could freehand the monkey face onto a cake, so I did cupcakes instead.


And I made these little picks to give them a more personal touch.



He doesn't look too sure about this....




But maybe I'll try just a taste of this cupcake...
Hmm...that was pretty good!
I wonder if they'll notice if I try to put the whole thing in my mouth?
This is really pretty yummy!
I wonder if the little stick tastes as good as the rest of it...
I had a cash register just like this when I was little, and every kid who has ever come to Mama's house has played with it. Fisher Price recently started making them again, and we knew we had to get one for Luke!

A monkey and monkey blanket for our little monkey!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

How cute! I want one of those cash registers for myself! I love the cupcakes and the tags. You did a great job! We are having a family party in 2 weeks for Sipsey. I hope she likes the cake a little better this year than she did last year! It looks like Luke loved his!

trimadsco said...

Adorable!! Looks like he really enjoyed the cupcake! Happy Birthday Luke!!!

kristen said...

The cupcakes are so cute! We did a monkey birthday for Owen's first birthday! Happy Birthday Luke!

Becky said...

i am embarrassed to tell you how far behind i am in my blog reading!! my google reader is screaming at me lol!! everything about that little man and his party was sooooo stinkin cute! great job!

Darby said...

Melissa, I love the toppers!! SO very cute and I need to go to Sams for the General Tsos... it's my favorite! Thanks for the tip!!