However, my heart is heavy today for so many relatives and friends who have lost loved ones this year...spouses, parents, and children, both babies and adult children. For many, this is the first holiday without their precious loved ones. Please remember all of them in your prayers today and throughout this holiday season.
You may have seen this before, but it's one of my favorites.
Everyday Thanksgiving
Even though I clutch my blanket and growl when the alarm rings each morning, thank you, Lord, that I can hear. There are many who are deaf.
Even though I keep my eyes tightly closed against the morning light as long as possible, thank you Lord, that I can see. There are many who are blind.
Even though I huddle in my bed and put off the effort of rising, thank you, Lord that I have the strength to rise. There are many who are bedridden.
Even though the first hour of my day is hectic, when socks are lost, toast is burned,and tempers are short, thank you, Lord, for my family. There are many who are lonely.
Even though our breakfast table never looks like the pictures in magazines and the menu is at times unbalanced, thank you, Lord for the food we have. There are many who are hungry.
Even though I grumble and bemoan my fate from day to day and wish my circumstances were not so modest, thank you, Lord, for the gift of life.
2 comments:
Thank you for sharing that poem. We do have so much to be thankful for while there are so many out there who are hurting in ways far beyond our understanding. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.
Happy Thanksgiving! Very good post!!
Post a Comment