Thursday, May 14, 2009

Would You Believe....

...that anything good could come from all this mess?



Well, it did.





I decorated Matthew's birthday cake tonight. Is it perfect? Far, far, far from it! But does he like it? He loves it! He kept saying, "You did a good job on my cake, Mama!" So it was more than worth all the effort tonight!

This was probably the hardest cake I've ever done, as far as coming up with a design. I'm not that artistic, and unless you're familiar with the Super Mario games, you may not "get" it. It's supposed to be like a scene from the game, with Mega Mario and the coins, the pipes, etc. I cheated a little by cutting the Mario figure from a placemat that I ordered with the rest of the party goods. I don't think...no, I KNOW, I couldn't have drawn Mario!

I'm having a little party for him in his classroom at snack time tomorrow. Nothing fancy, just cupcakes (bought this time), cheese puffs, pretzels, and Kool-Aid Koolers. Then he wants to go play putt-putt golf tomorrow night. We'll have his family party Saturday afternoon/night. We're going to grill and eat and then do the cake and presents. Then Sunday, I'll be ready to rest!

Two more weeks of school.....I can't wait!



1 comment:

trimadsco said...

Love the cake! It turned out great! And I still think you could have drawn Mario!!