And even more excited when I opened it and saw this...
You see, I had been wanting a bag for my laptop, since mine didn't come with any kind of case. But I really wasn't thrilled with the idea of just the standard, plain bag. So I did some looking and discovered that Vera Bradley has laptop bags. A few weeks ago, I mentioned it to Tracy that I needed to get a laptop bag before going on my photography trip this summer (more about that later) and that I really would like to have a VB one, although they were kind of expensive. So he suggested, "What if we get you that for your Mothers Day present?" and I agreed. (It's hard for me sometimes to feel "okay" about spending money on that kind of luxury for myself.) So I picked out a beautiful pattern online, and ordered it, along with some other items for graduation gifts. I opened the box and this is what I found:

It did NOT look the same as it did online! Actually, I think this picture makes it look much better than it does in person! I was thinking a deep, deep pink.....it's more coral/reddish, and waaayyyy too much yellow. :-( So, I am going to be making a visit to a local store that carries VB and check out the colors in person, and then either purchase there, or re-order. Either way, this one will not be my bag!
****************************
Moving right along to the weekend. We spent Saturday afternoon/night "partying", or at least as much partying as we do! There was an 80th birthday party for my uncle that afternoon beginning at 4:00. We stopped by there for about an hour, and headed straight to my nephew's (step-nephew, actually) wedding. It was an outdoor wedding at the Peacock House, and it really was beautiful. I only got a few pictures, but here's a couple of the reception area.


Here Matthew and I are at the reception. Yes, I'm finally posting a picture of myself on the blog! For some reason, I've been hesitant to do that. One, I'm usually taking the picture and don't have that many of myself, and two, well, you just want to be sure you look good, and I'm pretty critical of myself in pics! I finally decided, what the heck...y'all have posted lots of photos, so I can be brave and do it too! Forgive the flat hair....the humidity was rough on it!

Luke was pretty content to sit in the stroller and eat goldfish crackers and rolls. He had a mouth full here!

***********************
Yesterday was Water Day at school for the elementary kids. They had an absolute ball! I think they enjoyed this more than a field trip! There were three different sizes of slides, but Matthew said the biggest one was his favorite! I was so proud of him; when I was in first grade, I don't know that I would've had the nerve to go down a water slide that big, but he didn't bat an eye! I have the feeling he's going to have a lot more fun than I did as a child. That's not to say I didn't have a wonderful childhood, it's just that I was a bit of a scaredy cat sometimes!



I can't believe that this little guy will be seven years old on Friday! Where has the time gone? He wants a Super Mario Brothers party, and the cake has me totally stumped! All the cakes I've found online feature a scene from the game made out of fondant, and honestly, I just don't think I'm enough of an artist to tackle that! So who knows what I'll come up with! I'd better figure it out soon though!


2 comments:
Yea, I know what you look like now! not that it matters, but you know, it's nice to put a face with a person you feel like you KNOW!
I kinda like the VB bag. Maybe your picture makes it look prettier than it really is.
I LOVE the VB bag! I like the colors in it, although they could look different in person & I may not like as much! LOL But you're the one who has to carry it,and they are expensive, so definitely get what you want!!
Love the pics of Matthew too! He is growing soooo fast!
Post a Comment