Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays. It's just a nice little pick-me-up in the dead of winter, and I love the flowers, the colors, the hearts, you name it! We didn't do as much celebrating this year, because we have a sick little guy at our house. We spent all of Sunday afternoon in the pediatrician's office with Luke. He tested negative for flu, so the doctor said it was a viral upper respiratory thing. He sure has been a sick boy. He started getting sick on Saturday, and today (Wednesday) was the first day he's shown any sign of recovery. Back to Valentine's Day...

Luke felt so bad he didn't even want his goodies at Grandmommy's house.

IMG_5364

...but Matthew sure did!

IMG_5354

I only managed to get one picture from Matthew's party at school. When I made it down to his classroom, they were watching a movie, so I had to do the best I could in the dark. Look at that tongue!

IMG_5338


By the time we got home, Luke had perked up some and he and Matthew both were ready for their valentines from Daddy and me.

IMG_5389

IMG_5388

IMG_5392




IMG_5400

IMG_5405

Remember, my mother-in-law is a florist, so it's kind of a given that I'll get flowers. But also remember, that's pretty much the only time of year I get them! I seriously doubt I'd be getting a dozen roses if Tracy actually had to pay for them, nor would I really want him to spend that kind of money on them! Remember my tip, too--if you want to make fresh flowers last longer, don't just add water every day, completely replace the water. Pour out the old water and fill the vase with fresh water every day.

Hope your Valentine's Day was spent with those you love.



4 comments:

kristen said...

Sorry that sweet boy is sick! Hope he is feeling all better. Love the valentines you gave the boys. Cute! And beautiful roses too! :)

Lauren said...

I'm glad it sounds like everyone is on the mend. I am eating leftover Vday candy right now. Ben bought a 75-pack of Airheads and it's a thorn in my side right now! Tell Matthew I LOVE FunDip too. The photo of him made me want some right now!

Tonja said...

Glad Luke is better. Sweet post! The roses are so pretty, too. But, I am like you....I can't stand to pay the $$$ they cost!

BASSakward Tales said...

I am so glad Luke is feeling better...your boys are very handsome...thanks for the tip about the flowers...I will do that to mine...have a happy Friday tomorrow...