Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fun Overload!

Alas, all good things must come to an end, and that's where I find myself this afternoon. We have been on fall break this past week, and I'm not ready to go back to school tomorrow! We have had an absolutely wonderful fall break! I didn't get nearly as much accomplished as I wanted, but I sure have had fun! We've done some shopping, spent an entire day visiting an aunt I don't get to see often, had a fall festival at church, visited our local fair, and just had a lot of fun. I did manage to get my carpet cleaned while we were off. Thankfully all the spots and stains came out...otherwise I was about to get new flooring fever. I really want hardwood in our living room, but I'd like to wait until Luke is a little older. I'm not sure how well it will hold up to Luke's tractors and bulldozers, and I'm pretty sure I can't stand that much noise!

Our church puts on a big fall festival every year as a big community outreach, and it just awesome! Notice there are no pictures of Matthew. He ditched me as soon as we arrived to find his buddy, Zach. He's growing up on me. (sniff, sniff!) Luke and Mama and I had a great time though. Luke is a little small for some of the games, but everybody helped him out a little so that he could play too!


IMG_4497



IMG_4507



IMG_4508



IMG_4512



IMG_4573


We also carved jack-o-lanterns from the pumpkins we got at the pumpkin patch last weekend. I'm ashamed to admit that this is the first time we've ever done it! Well, Tracy did most of the carving, Matthew and Luke just directed the designs, and I took pictures!

IMG_4580


IMG_4581



IMG_4592

Don't worry, this is just a battery operated tea light! Luke loved it, though!

IMG_4597



IMG_4606


IMG_4604



IMG_4610



IMG_4614



IMG_4615

Tonight we're having a fifth-Sunday sing at church. Sometimes we have a group come in to sing, but tonight it's going to be more of a "pickin' and grinnin'" affair. Anyone who plays an instrument is invited to bring it, and we're just going to pick and sing, sort of Gaither style. I am so excited, because I love to sing old songs. In fact, I'd better finish up this post and get to the church. I'm taking all my old songbooks and we're going to pick out some favorites. Maybe I'll even get a video or two....

Happy Halloween, everybody!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I love the pictures. And don't worry, we did not carve a pumpkin at all this year! And it looks like I am the only person who has not ordered one of Darby's t-shirts! Luke looks precious in his. I should definitely buy one now! Excited for tomorrow!

kristen said...

Love the pictures! Don't feel bad about the jack-o-lanterns. I designated that as a Daddy/Daughter project years ago! :) Cute, cute boys!

BASSakward Tales said...

I love the pics...it looks like yall had alot of fun. We had fall break too...they let our kids out this time of year because of the NASCAR race. We live very close to the track and the school buses and such cannot get out there. It is just a time of year that my quiet little town is crawling with people....anyway...I am glad you and the family had a good break...that is what is most important....hope you have a great weekend...