
Meet our new friend. His name is Buddy, according to Matthew. I think he looks more like a Smoky, but it wasn't worth a fight. (We're not real creative with pet names around here!) This little fella took up at the house a couple of weeks ago. We have no idea where he came from, but we figure someone must have dropped him off, because he's used to people. He's very friendly and loving. Luke really loves him, and he lets Luke drag him around as much as he wants. See....

My mom wants him, and surprisingly, Matthew is okay with letting him go live with her. In the past when we've had kittens, Matthew would say that she could have one, only to decide he couldn't part with it. This time, I'm the one having trouble parting with him! He'll probably wind up at Mama's though, because we have enough cats hanging around here already.********************
Last week, we got a day off from school. A nearby town hosts a big rodeo every year the first weekend in October, and our school calendar is set up to have that Friday off. (Believe me, it was a much-needed and enjoyed break!) On Thursday, the elementary kids had a pancake breakfast, stick horse races, and other rodeo activities. Here's my little cowboy enjoying his pancakes.

While Matthew enjoyed spending the day off with his granddaddy, Mama, Luke, and I enjoyed a day of shopping! We had a wonderful time! I was mainly looking for winter clothes for Matthew and Luke, but I even scored a new pair of jeans and a new dress! I have been looking for a new dress for months!
That same weekend was my mom's 45th high school class reunion. Her very best friend from high school and her husband drove down on Friday to spend the weekend with Mama and go to the reunion. They were each other's maid/matron of honor in their weddings, and have kept in touch all these years. They don't see each other a lot, but correspond via email and Christmas cards. It was neat for them to get to spend this much time together, and I got a chance to visit with them some too. I hope that my best friends and I are still in contact with each other at our 45th reunion! (By the way, she's probably not going to be too happy with me for telling how old she is!)
Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend and that your team is winning!

1 comment:
What a cute kitty! Sipsey would love it if she could pick up Banjo like that (he weighs as much as she does, so that's not likely to happen anytime soon). I could totally tell who your mom was! Y'all look just alike and have the same tiny frame!
Post a Comment