Saturday, November 12, 2011

Catching Up

Hello friends! Are you still there? I really hope my half a dozen readers use Google Reader, and will see that I've posted something new; otherwise, I'm sure you all have given up on me, given that it's been about 6 weeks since my last post! We've had lots of things going on since school started. I just haven't been able to manage my time as well this school year, for some reason. Anyway, here I am. In going through some of my pictures, I've found several things from the last few months that I haven't shared here on the blog, so this post is going to be a photo dump!

Remember how we went to FBLA national conference in Orlando in July? Well, I forgot to tell you about one of the highlights of the trip. Our board of directors (of which I am a member) took the national board of directors and national staff to dinner one night. And guess where we went? A private room at The California Grill on the top floor of Disney's Contemporary Hotel! With a private balcony to watch the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom. We felt like we were something else!







We also went to Gatorland while we were there. Honestly, I thought it would be pretty cheesy, but it was actually pretty fun. They had gone in April while we were at state conference, and I was tied up in meetings. They wanted to go back this trip. My boys think it's better than Disney World! This albino alligator was pretty cool!



I'll leave you with a few miscellaneous photos.....be back soon, I hope!

Luke breaking it down on the dance floor at a wedding this summer.

Notice, also, that he's barefoot!

Yes, I wore this dress to everything this summer....along with my new Sorrelli. It took me a while to get "into" Sorrelli, and even longer to actually break down and purchase some, but they do have some really pretty jewelry! (I have no idea why this is showing up as a link.) It's really popular here, and I can see where it could get addictive!



Nothing like summertime with chocolate ice cream at the pool!
Just put them in the pool and wash them off!


I made this for my classroom by cutting the letters with a Cricut.
It's incredibly difficult to find things to put on the walls of a high school classroom!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I feel like we've all been a little absent lately! It's tough to get everything done each day and blogging is on the bottom of the list. I think we will be planning an Orlando trip soon since we have been telling Sipsey she can go to Disney World when she's five. Well she hasn't forgotten about it and she turns 5 next year! I'll be asking you then any fun places you have visited down there!