In the midst of all the craziness of the end of school, along with the deaths in my family, I somehow missed blogging about Matthew's birthday.
On Thursday before his birthday on Saturday, I took cupcakes to school, and we had a small party in the room. I took pictures as I made the cupcake picks, and I may try to post a little tutorial on here. They are so easy to make, and you can really do some cute things with them. Here he is with his teacher as the class sang "Happy Birthday" to him.
On Friday, his class took a field trip to see the "Oceans" movie. They did a unit on oceans, and all had matching shirts that they wore. You can see he wasn't thrilled about me taking his picture!
Since his actual birthday fell on Saturday, we just kind of celebrated all day long. We let him choose a "special' activity that he wanted to do, and he chose to go bowling. He invited a couple of his cousins to go with us. We bowled, then picked up pizza for supper, came home and ate and had cake and presents. They had such a good time! We left here around 2:00, and didn't take the cousins home until about 9:30 that night! Matthew got a basketball goal and a scooter for his birthday, so they played outside until...well, about 9:30!
Let's see....what else kept us busy in May and June....Water Day, graduation, graduation parties, the two deaths in our family, VBS, swimming lessons, helping our new pastor's family move, and playing chauffeur. Tracy's dad had cataract surgery a few weeks ago, and I was in charge of taking him for that, helping him with all the eyedrops that day, etc. He's also been having some problems with his foot and currently has a compression thing on his leg--his right leg, so he can't drive. So I've been taking him to some doctors' appointments and other places he needs to go.
I can't believe the summer is going by so quickly! We've been busy, but at least it's a different kind of busy than school! I've also been working on a few projects around the house, and hopefully I'll be able to show you those soon! Just a couple of finishing touches left to do!
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Oh my....the photo of him laughing is just priceless!
Love the cake and the cupcake pics. All his pics are so cute, too. You have been busy...take a few days to just rest, though. It'll be over tooooo soon.
You did a great job on the cake and the cupcakes! Matthew looks just like Luke in the picture where he's blowing out the candles!
Post a Comment