That's the best thing I can think of to title this post after the week I've had.
This week we have been giving state assessment tests. Everyone in grades 3-10 takes the test (remember, I teach in a K-12 school), so that means everybody has to help with testing. Guess who was assigned to my room to help proctor the test.....the county superintendent of schools! No pressure, huh? Everybody at school was telling me how glad they were it was me and not them! I have known him my entire life, so it wasn't as big a deal to me. However, in the two days he spent with me, he did manage to look at everything in my classroom, read everything I have up on my walls, check out my storage room, and go through my attendance & lesson plan notebook. I hope I passed my test! Actually, I think it was that he was just bored! I know I was! We had two 80 minute sessions the first day, and two 90 minute sessions the second day. All you can do is sit and watch them take the test, and get up and walk around every now and then. No grading papers, reading a book, nothing. It was like watching paint dry!
I've spent the rest of the week wrestling with new computers. I was fortunate to have enough grant funds, along with getting a really good deal, to purchase 8 new computers for my lab. So, I decided that after testing each day, that's what I'd work on. I had a plan, but that plan didn't work out, so I am still trying to get software installed on these computers. It is very time-consuming and mentally exhausting trying to make sure I've remembered every setting that needs to be made on each computer. I was more than ready to walk out and leave it yesterday!
My plan for today is ORGANIZATION! We are moving our "office" so I want to get everything sorted and put in its new place today. Not exactly exciting, but I will definitely feel like I've accomplished something, and that makes me feel good! Income taxes are also on my list for today. I've been doing them myself, but with starting the business, we're going to have to get some professional assistance this year. I hope to have all that info gathered and ready to go this weekend too!
Enjoy this gorgeous weather and have a GREAT weekend everybody!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Eewwww yuck...I hate testing! Lucky for you y'all can sit down. In the state of North Carolina we are REQUIRED to remain standing and are to wander around the room while the kids are testing. I think it's crazy and it's also very distracting for the students. Good luck with your taxes! I haven't done mine yet either!
Glad you made it through, at least it was only 2 days! Can't wait to see the new "office"!
Post a Comment