Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Chocolate Thief

Apparently, I have at least one child who loves chocolate as much as I do. Last week, Luke managed to get the stepstool, get Matthew's little box of Valentine candy, and proceed to unwrap every single piece AND eat them! There were only five pieces in there, but still! At least the child is honest....I found the wrappers and began to investigate and I asked him, "Did you eat Bubba's Valentine candy?"

His response: "Uh huh! I WIKE choc-wat!"

Here's the evidence...



IMG_2494

We had gorgeous weather this past weekend! You'd never believe that it snowed here just one week ago! We enjoyed getting outside just to be outside a little. Tracy and Matthew decided to work on getting Rio to ride the Mule.

IMG_2550



IMG_2563



And while we were outside, I managed to step in a hole, fall, and sprain my ankle. :-( I really didn't think it was that big of a deal, until a few hours later when my foot started swelling and I couldn't put any weight on it! So we ended our Saturday with a trip to the urgent care clinic for x-rays. Thankfully, it wasn't fractured, just a bad sprain, and after keeping it wrapped for a couple of days, it's as good as new. Not exactly how I wanted to spend part of my weekend, though!

Being outside made me take notice of just how much work I need to do in my yards. Is anyone else starting to get spring fever?

3 comments:

Tonja said...

I am! Sooo ready for spring, but I think we are going to have a little more cold coming our way.

And, what can you do with one who loves chocolate? At least he's got good taste! And, when you are wanting a little taste of chocolate...nothing else will do!

trimadsco said...

too cute! I don't think he gets it from you though, you don't eat enough chocolate - I think he gets it from ME! LOL
Spring fever here - not to work in the yard of course, b/c you know how I hate that! - but for warmer weather & a trip to the beach!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog...glad to hear that you've been reading. I'm thrilled to discover your blog.