....by a crazy lady. It's the same one who came last summer. Last year, she came in and took down the wallpaper border in my guest bathroom and repainted. Now she's back with a vengeance. This time, she has started tearing down ALL the wallpaper in my master bathroom, and we're talking full paper and border. Oh, wait....I think that crazy lady is me.
Yep, I have started the master bathroom re-do project. Let me just say, there is no easy way to take down wallpaper. There are lots of theories on the best way to remove it, but none of them are easy! Oh, wait, yes there is.....hire someone else, but that takes lots of moolah. More than I have to pay someone right now, so that means if I want it done, I have to do it myself. Actually, I'm starting to feel a bit like a pro. I've figured out what works easiest for me, and things were going great until my steamer died today. So, the progress has been slow. But at least there's been progress today. Matthew spent the night with my mom last night, and I was wondering how on earth I was going to manage to keep Luke entertained (i.e., out of my way) enough for me to be able to work on wallpaper. Tracy suggested I hire our young cousin to babysit. So I did, and it's been great. She's only 11, so obviously, I'm not going to just leave him with her, but all she had to do was keep him occupied and entertained while I worked. It's been great, and she really doesn't want to leave!
Here's how it's going so far....
This is only time I wish I didn't have 9 foot ceilings! And a word of advice, never, ever, ever put up wallpaper! When we built our house 10 years ago, everybody did wallpaper, and this was quite stylish....the jewel tones...blue, green, burgundy. Now, probably not so much. Honestly, I don't hate the pattern, it's just that it matched my comforter set and everything in my bedroom, and I'm ready for a change.
Hopefully the next time I write, this will all be finished!
No comments:
Post a Comment