Sunday, June 21, 2009

Not What I Had Planned....

This post is certainly not what I had planned to write about upon returning home from my photography trip this past week. First, I hadn't planned on returning home early. Unfortunately, a deacon in our church, who is also a dear friend & neighbor, passed away unexpectedly Monday afternoon. So Tracy drove to TN on Wednesday to bring me back home for the funeral on Thursday. Yep, he made the whole trip there and back in a single loooonnnnnnng day!

Next up is the biggie, something I never thought I'd be writing. Honestly, I don't know how "appropriate" this is (it's certainly not entertaining), but as I've said before, I'm learning about transparency from Darby....so here goes. My husband was laid off from his job unexpectedly on Friday. We never saw it coming. I knew things weren't going as well at his company, but his division was still acItalictually doing okay, according to the numbers. However, seven people were laid off at his location, 32 at another, and no telling how many more company-wide that day. There appears to be no logical method they used of determining who to let go....some had been there longer than Tracy, some less, as well as some other odd things. Needless to say, we were devasted. I'm doing some better now; I know the Lord will take care of us and provide for us, and that He may have something even better lined up for Tracy down the road. However, the human part of me is not looking forward to this journey.

Finally, on Friday night (yes, the same day as the layoff news), Tracy developed his first-ever kidney stone. We spent most of Friday night in the ER. He still hasn't passed it, and has developed a fever, so it looks like we'll be heading back to the doctor tomorrow morning.

I sincerely ask for your prayers at this difficult time in our lives. Since I've started blogging, I've discovered that not only is it "fun", but there's quite a support network out there. I've met a lot of Christian people through the blogs, and I humbly ask that you remember Tracy and me in your prayers.

I don't know what you may be going through in your own life right now, but I want to share something that has kept me going over the last two days. I've heard my Aunt Lucy and Uncle Amos sing this song my entire life, but it's never had so much meaning as it does now.

"I've never said a prayer that He could not answer.
I've never shed a tear that He could not dry.
And when the waves of life, they are so high you can't mount them,
I know He'll roll you over the tide."

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Melissa,
I am so, so sorry to hear about your deacon and your husband. I know how agonizing it is to be unemployed and not know what the future holds, but it is truly in God's hands. People will say things like, "It's all going to work out" etc, and it's so hard to trust that, but it will! I will be praying for y'all. I hope the kidney stone passes soon!

trimadsco said...

I'm continuing to pray for you guys! For Tracy's physical and unemployment needs, and for your emotional needs! You are right, things WILL be ok, but it may not be an easy road. Just remember that God has his hands in this somehow. If he brings you TO it, he WILL bring you THROUGH it! We love ya'll!

BASSakward Tales said...

you are certainly i my prayers...i am too far concerned of my own job status because of health problems....

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Melissa,
That is such an emotional week. My word! I will be praying God's grace and provisions for your family. And for your husband's health! Good gravy! When it rains, right?
Lifting you up!
hillary

Darby said...

Oh Melissa, I am so very sorry to hear of all of this. I've had kidney stones and the pain is UNBEARABLE.... I am so very sorry to Tracy and I'm so very sorry about his job loss. I will certainly keep you all in my prayers. I'm so glad that you know who is in control and that your HOPE is in Him!!! You're in my prayers!!