Thursday, February 26, 2009

More Yumminess!

I couldn't resist another recipe, because this is so good and is so easy for a lemon meringue pie. I haven't actually made this one yet, but I ate it yesterday. I love that the filling is creamy (like Chik-fil-A's), rather than jello-y, and it uses the same number of egg whites and yolks, so no waste there!

Lemon Meringue Pie

One 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
(the one I had omitted this and it was still yummy!)
3 egg yolks
One 8 inch graham cracker pie crust

In medium bowl, combine milk, lemon juice, and zest; blend in egg yolks. Pour into cooled crust.

Meringue
3 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 cup sugar

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar until stiff. Spread over filling; seal to edge of crust. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.

********************************
Now I need some help from all of you.....if there's anybody out there. I need your BEST "recipe" for removing stains from carpet. I've tried lots of commercial products, but none totally get this stain out. It's where Matthew got sick, couldn't make it to the bathroom, and threw up on the carpet. Gross, I know, but I figure that the rest of you mamas are used to such things! Anyway, any suggestions you can give me will be most appreciated. I'm really hoping to get another 5 years or so out of this carpet!

No comments: