Thursday, January 29, 2009

Update on Matthew & More Big Plans

If you read my last post, you know that Matthew has had the flu. He was feeling better by Monday, but was still running a low grade fever on Monday and Tuesday, so I kept him home from school. He was so excited to get to go back on Wednesday, and had a good day. This morning, when he got up he complained of his stomach hurting. I believed that it really did hurt, but didn't think it was enough to keep him home today. I had to go to some schools in a neighboring county to test some students, so I dropped him off and then was meeting another teacher so that we could ride together. Well, about the time I was turning in the drive to meet my colleague, my cell phone rang. It was my mom, telling me that the school had just called, and Matthew had made it to the classroom, but threw up when he got there. I felt so bad that he had to go through that! I think it would have to be much worse throwing up at school than it is at home! He's been fine the rest of the day, so we're going to try it again tomorrow. I sure hope he's able to go, or we'll never get all this work made up. They do a lot in first grade!


Since last weekend didn't turn out as we had planned, I'm especially excited about this weekend. I have excellent seats for the sold-out concert by these folks:

The recently revamped Gaither Vocal Band. Some people might call me a nerd, because I know a lot of people my age are all about contemporary Christian music, but I'm a die-hard Southern Gospel music fan. There's nothing wrong with contemporary, and I do like some of it, but for the most part, it just doesn't appeal to me. I was raised on SG and country/bluegrass style gospel music, and it just stuck in my system. As my Aunt Lucy says, there might be somebody out there who loves it as much as I do, but there's nobody who loves it any more than I do. It's just not possible! Even though this won't be the full-scale Homecoming concert, it will still be great! For me, music is a huge part of worship, and if past experience holds true, tomorrow night I'll feel like I've been in church for three hours! And I mean, a GOOD church service! After this week, I sure need it!

No comments: